Monday, March 29, 2010

~Photo Challenge: I Heart Faces~

I've been following the I Heart Faces blog for quite a while and finally finally decided to enter one of my pictures into the weekly challenge. This week's theme is "Dramatic B&W". As I said in my previous post, last week I had the opportunity to photograph the birth of a good friend's fourth child. It was one of the most amazing events I have ever witnessed and words really cannot describe the awesomeness of it all. I think this shot just sums it all up, the raw emotion just speaks to me. The look of sheer relief that mom has after a very hard labor, the tears of joy as dad sees his newly born son, the midwife looking on, all of it just absolutely captures the beauty that is the miracle of life.......



-6



Be sure to stop on over to I Heart Faces to check out all the other amazing entries!






8 comments:

Laura March 29, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

A very touching image...beautiful capture.

Karah March 29, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

Perfect!!! Very few things in this life that are more dramatic than a moment like that. Great photo!!

Tasha Ramstad Photography March 29, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

Well I definitely think you captured the drama here! As mothers we know this moment :o) Love the emotion, great shot!

Carrie March 29, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

Your picture gave me goosebumps, it's so beautiful and full of emotion!!

Lacie Lauree March 29, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

This is great. Excellent job!

Sarah March 29, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

love this image!!!

SBSAKE Photography March 30, 2010 at 6:58 AM  

This is a strong dramatic moment that is priceless. gorgeous

Jennifer March 30, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

very dramatic....i love the emotion! a great capture!

About Me


My name is Kristen Dunne. I am a mom to three fantastic kids, Ryan, 6, and twins Molly and Kate, 4.
Growing up I was always the family photographer and in January 2007, I got my first DSLR, a Nikon D50. I love taking pictures of my children.... as they grow and change so much every day! Now I am hoping to branch out and take pictures of others. I shoot mainly in natural light and would love to capture your family. Right now I am building my portfolio. Please contact me at kdunne31@comcast.net to schedule a session or for more information. Thanks for stopping by.
All images and content are the property of Kristen Dunne Photography and are protected by federal copyright law. They may not be copied, saved or reproduced without the express written consent of the photographer.
2009

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP